The goal of the Deaf Education Resource Center (formerly known as the Lending Library) is to provide access to information and materials related to hearing loss and the education of children who are deaf/hard of hearing.
Materials are available for loan, free of charge, to parents of children who are deaf/hard-of-hearing, professionals providing services to those students who are deaf/hard-of-hearing (teachers, interpreters, paraprofessionals, others) and community members interested in gaining a better understanding of hearing loss and deaf education. Patrons must be residents of Kansas or the Kansas City Metro area.
- Up to four items may be checked out at one time.
- Materials may be checked out for one month.
- If the material is needed for more than one month, you can contact KSD Outreach regarding the possibility of a due date extension. If
another person is waiting to receive the material, an extension will not
- Kansas School for the Deaf will pay postage if the material must be sent to you.
- You will pay postage to return the materials to:
- You must follow all state and federal guidelines prohibiting the unauthorized reproduction of any materials.
- You and/or your employer (USD) will be responsible for the replacement costs of any damaged or lost materials.
- You will not be allowed to check out new material if you currently have overdue or missing material.
- If we do not own a specific item, it may be recommended for purchase by KSD Outreach pending review of the item by Outreach Team.
Kansas School for the Deaf
450 E. Park Street
Olathe, KS 66061
The following steps will enable you to borrow materials:
- Identify what you would like to checkout by downloading Deaf Education Resource Center Catalog
- Complete an Application/Agreement form.
- Complete a Materials Checkout form.