The goal of the Deaf Education Resource Center (DERC - formerly known as the Lending Library) is to provide access to information and materials related to hearing loss and the education of children who are deaf/hard of hearing.
Materials are available for loan, free of charge, to parents of children who are deaf/hard-of-hearing, professionals providing services to those students who are deaf/hard-of-hearing (teachers, interpreters, paraprofessionals, others) and community members interested in gaining a better understanding of hearing loss and deaf education. Patrons must be residents of Kansas or the Kansas City Metro area.
- Up to four items may be checked out at one time.
- Materials may be checked out for one month.
- If the material is needed for more than one month, you can contact the
DERC regarding the possibility of a due date extension. If
another person is waiting to receive the material, an extension will not
- Kansas School for the Deaf will pay postage if the material must be sent to you.
- You will pay postage to return the materials to KSD.
- You must follow all state and federal guidelines prohibiting the unauthorized reproduction of any materials.
- You and/or your employer (USD) will be responsible for the replacement costs of any damaged or lost materials.
- You will not be allowed to check out new material if you currently have overdue or missing material.
- If we do not own a specific item, it may be recommended for purchase by the DERC pending review of the item by Outreach Services staff.
The following steps will enable you to borrow materials:
- Identify what you would like to checkout by downloading Deaf Education Resource Center Catalog
- Complete an Application/Agreement form.
- Complete a Materials Checkout form.
- Send the forms to:
Outreach Lending Library
Kansas School for the Deaf
450 E. Park Street
Olathe, KS 66061